After fighting a cold for five days and not feeling better, I finally gave in to seeing the doctor. I was reluctant to sit in the waiting room surrounded by other sick people. My own 'love doctor' had been encouraging me to resist antibiotics -- trying to convince me that my own body would be able to fight it off and how rest and Vitamin C would cure me. The doctor diagnosed me as having a chest infection which moved upwards into a sinus infection. Just nasty. No wonder I was phlegmy, congested and headachy. The prescription was a dose of amoxicillin. I resorted to the drugs, feeling quite sorry for myself. Next time I will settle for some R&R and TLC.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Curing a cold
After fighting a cold for five days and not feeling better, I finally gave in to seeing the doctor. I was reluctant to sit in the waiting room surrounded by other sick people. My own 'love doctor' had been encouraging me to resist antibiotics -- trying to convince me that my own body would be able to fight it off and how rest and Vitamin C would cure me. The doctor diagnosed me as having a chest infection which moved upwards into a sinus infection. Just nasty. No wonder I was phlegmy, congested and headachy. The prescription was a dose of amoxicillin. I resorted to the drugs, feeling quite sorry for myself. Next time I will settle for some R&R and TLC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment