Our cousin, Christl, is visiting us after her back packing trips to the UK, Thailand and Australia. We haven't see her in 13 years, so there is so much to catch up with. It's been fun reminiscing about our childhood in South Africa. It was such a hilarious flashback this weekend, when we went to the Jupiter Lounge. It reminded me of my first experience to a nightclub in South Africa when I was sixteen. Christl's dad took a bunch of my girlfriends and I there, and I dragged my (then) thirteen year old sister along (South African nightclubs were really relaxed on the age restriction! Ja).
I remember distinctly what I was wearing. It was the 80's so I had large hooped earrings, huge teased and permed hair, blue eyeshadow and I was wearing a polka dot top which showed my midriff and a super short, matching, barely-there mini-skirt. At the time, I thought I looked really cool, but now I just cringe when I look at the photos (oh yes, I have proof -- unfortunately!) I wouldn't want to relive those turbulent teenage years.
It was a blast from the past, when Lauren wanted to join Shannan, Christl and I and all three of us said, "Well you're not old enough yet, but you can come with -- as long as you have your FAKE id!"
Thank goodness my cousins have better fashion sense than I had when I was their age :)
1 comment:
Your flashback sounds familiar...tease-permed-hair-with-blue-eyeshadow. Hmmm...I think that was a MUST back then. :-)
Post a Comment