Tonight, our family celebrated my Grandpa's 79th birthday. We ate at a Chinese restaurant in Port Moody. As always, there was more than enough food and lots of leftovers. Family get-togethers are always fun and offer a chance to catch up with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.I find the older I get, the more advice I find myself giving to younger cousins -- and I try to do it without sounding too preachy :). I also have to remind myself to try to be a good role model and not get too explicit when it comes to talking about relationships. Our conversations about driving lessons, career choices and proms gave us 'older cousins' a chance to reminisce.
My younger cousin is planning for her prom. So, we were suggesting hairstyles for the day. I was surprised when she said that she wouldn't be all that bothered about a hairdo for the prom, but she'd get her hair done for a 'friend's' wedding. "Who's wedding are you going to?" I asked. I thought, her friends are still in high school. "My cousin's wedding," she replied staring straight at me! "If you get married, I would write a speech for you." It made me smile and warmed my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment