Sunday, April 29, 2007

Busy weekend

This weekend was spent catching up with friends. The last time I saw Karen was in December and she was not dating anyone seriously. On Saturday morning, I met up with her and her new fiance for brunch at La Bretagne Creperie. They shared the story of their whirlwind romance -- which I am such a sucker for.

This past New Year's Eve, Karen's friend invited her to a party wanting to set her up with a friend. The friend showed up and brought Abe with him. Karen and Abe had an instant connection. He proposed two weeks later, and they have been inseparable since.

It was nice to chat to them about wedding planning. They are way ahead of us with their bookings. After their wedding next year, Karen will be helping Abe expand his business and they'll be travelling to Germany, France, New York and Calgary over the course of a year.

After brunch, I met up with Andreana. Our company was treating us to a weekend get-away and we needed to get dresses for the cocktail reception. We spent a lot. Andreana bought a beautiful, chiffon Max Azria dress. When she stepped out of the change room, I couldn't help staring. At 5'10" she looked like a supermodel. Gorgeous! The $500 was well spent. She helped me pick out my third pair of wedding shoes.

On Sunday, Bruce, Raymend and I played a round of golf at scenic Northlands Golf Course. It was a gorgeous day to play outside. It was a tough, uphill course but we a great workout. The views were stunning and we even caught a glimpse of a deer. My game definitely needs improvement. Luckily I didn't lose all of my balls :)

1 comment:

Chris & Cindy said...

bah, weekend getaways... you are LUCKY to be working at such an up-and-coming company!